This practical one-day Mentoring training course will give you the opportunity to explore the role of a mentor and practice the skills necessary to mentor successfully.
Delegates will examine the skills, behaviours and values essential to become an effective mentor. Through a series of discussions, interactive exercises and case studies the day will cover the essentials of mentoring alongside potential pitfalls and problems.
Suitable for first time mentors, or those with more experience, this training will enable you to practice key mentoring skills as well as develop your unique mentoring style
- What mentoring is, what it isn’t
- How it differs from coaching, counselling, training?
- Mentoring styles
Being an excellent mentor?
- Skills, attitudes needed to become a mentor
Powerful questions and interventions in mentoring
- Developing the skill to ask thought-provoking questions and make observations that shift your mentee’s thinking
- Pairing mentors and mentees
Establishing mentoring in your organisation
- Getting the design right for your organisation
- What need to be communicated and to whom?
- Responsibilities of mentors and mentees
- Ongoing mentor support
- Consistency in contracting within your business
- Avoiding typical problems
The Mentoring Agreement and process
- Location venue & expectations
- Action planning
Helping mentees review their work performance
- Levels of communication
- Skills practice
Managing mentoring meeting
- Using the ‘GROW’ model in mentoring. The ‘GROW’ model is most commonly found in Coaching but provides Mentors too with a useful framework to work by
- Helping Mentees unblock their blocks to performance
- Demonstration of mentoring
- ‘Live’ skills practice in small groups
We hope you will profit from our experience as we will:
- Help provide a structured approach to the mentoring process
- Help you implement new ideas that will add value to the mentee
Most importantly make this a fun and interactive training programme and to give the tools and confidence to develop mentoring skills.