NEGOTIATION SKILLS TRAINING
1 Day Course
Negotiation skills can help you achieve aims and solve problems. It is about reaching win: win solutions, where all parties feel the outcome is fair.
This course will help you understand the process of negotiation – how to prepare, having clear aims and objectives, how and when to use different negotiating styles, strategies and tactics. It will give you the confidence to be a successful negotiator.
Who is this course for?
The course is designed for any one whose work involves negotiation or persuasion either as groups or as individuals.
The one-day course will cover:
- Your values and how they impact on your negotiations
- Understanding the nature of the gap between you and the other party
- What does win: win really mean?
- Know yourself and your preferred negotiation style
- Ensuring you are clear about your aims, setting objectives
- Researching the other party’s needs and aspirations
- Developing a strategy for success
Conducting a negotiation
- Establishing a productive environment
- Your negotiating team and their roles
- Opening a negotiation
- Top tips for negotiators
- Recognising and dealing with ‘underhand’ tactics and manipulation
- Research Your Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA)
- Finding imaginative solutions to a negotiation
- Assertiveness – how to be assertive, but not aggressive, in negotiations
- Questioning skills
- Listening skills
- Summarising and synthesising skills
This course is highly interactive, with opportunities to practise individual skills in communication techniques.
What will this course help me do?
The course will give you the confidence and skills to be able to plan and implement a successful negotiation.
You will be able to recognise manipulative tactics, and deal with them, and you will be better able to find creative solutions that lead to a win: win outcome
We hope you will profit from our experience as we will:
- Help provide a structured approach to your negotiations
- Help you implement new ideas that will add value
- Learn how to practice with your fellow delegates
Most importantly make this a fun and interactive training programme and to give the tools and confidence to undertake negotiations.
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course material and post course support online.
If you would like to know more about this course or book a course please contact Client Marketing on 0113 208 9249 or via firstname.lastname@example.org