Twitter has become a mainstream communications platform with over 320 million active monthly users sending half a billion Tweets each day and Twitter is now considered to be a critical business tool.
But what does it mean for you and your organisation specifically? What things do you need to consider to use Twitter strategically?
This practical one day Twitter training course will mix together theory, hands-on exercises and discussion in order to get you quickly and confidently up to speed with using Twitter in a business context.
Who is this course for?
The Twitter training course typically attracts marketing or brand managers, customer service managers and community managers from SME’s to organisations within the public sector, third sector and private sector.
No prior knowledge of using Twitter is required but delegates are asked to bring a Wi-Fi enabled laptop.
Twitter training Course Programme
- How Twitter has become a mass market medium and likely future direction
- The setup, Twitter terminology and etiquette
- Master the most important features of the platform such as hashtags, shortened URLs and images or videos
- Understand the potential uses of Twitter for your organisation
Engaging on Twitter
Creating your Twitter strategy
- Discussion and brain-storming how Twitter could be useful for your organisation – going beyond marketing
- Who in your company should be representing your brand and areas of business
- Guidelines for operating a brand Twitter feed
- Guidelines for employees
- A Twitter strategy template and action plan
Principles of Marketing with Twitter
- Where Twitter fits in your marketing and communications strategy
- How to build a relevant audience
- How to engage your followers
- Twitter’s role in content marketing
- Twitter for lead generation
Paid for Promotion
- The principles of twitter advertising
- Demystifying ‘promoted accounts’, ‘promoted tweets’ and ‘promoted trends’
- How to choose the right Twitter ad options to fulfil your marketing objectives
Using Online Tools to run your twitter
- Learn about the third party tools to get the most the out of Twitter
- Identify the correct tools for your business
Monitoring and Measurement
- How to monitor conversations related to your brand(s)
- Measure and understand your impact within Twitter
Following this Twitter training you will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of Twitter and where it fits into your existing marketing
- Create an effective corporate Twitter strategy
- Use correct terminology and etiquette when tweeting
- Build a relevant audience
- Properly engage with your followers
- Use third party tools to increase effectiveness and efficiency
Planned Hours: 6 hours (9.30 am – 4.30 pm – with breaks of an hour in total)
Assessment: Continual checking of knowledge and understanding through question and answers and activities at the end of the topic/unit/task to ensure that the learner is meeting all of the learning objectives.